Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fascination.


It's wierd how were attracted to the little not so obvious things. I mean course were attracted to extravagant cars, beautiful people and things. But I'm talking the simplest things. This weekend was my birthday (yeah 22..no longer 21) and I got a card from my brother and sister-in-law, it was a musical card. But instead of being the one you open and it plays a sound, it was one in which there was a turning mechanism on the front of the card - you turn it and it plays a song. Everyone was so fascinated by that card. I passed it around and I swear during the remainder of the evening I heard that card play at LEAST 10 times. Also on the topic of fascination, my five-year-old sister got a little Dora shaved ice machine. After we were done opening presents, everyone was crowded around that ice machine waiting for the first sno-cone to be made. If were so fascinated by the most simple things, then why do we even need to have the extravagant items American's are so fond of (luxury cars, big houses, designer clothes, etc)?

No comments: