Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Everyday Life of Shaleen DePano


I was thinking about reality TV the other day and comparing it to everyday life.

Survivor
The Amazing Race
The Mole
The Real World
American Idol
The Bachelor

I had a hard time comparing due to the fact that, everyday life on reality TV shows is so much more spectacular than our everyday lives. Or is it the same? Could I have my own reality TV show? The Everyday Life of Shaleen DePano? Why is it that some people’s everyday lives are so much more interesting than others? I love how we make something such as The Real World so important and spectacular however, we often times hardly ever notice such everyday elements in our own life. If everyday life is so spectacular then why doesn’t everyone form their own shows. Furthermore, I think reality TV shows distort reality. First of all there is more than enough drama, torture, embarrassment, and temptation than there is in everyday life. And secondly, what we may see on a show as complete reality is only a few bit’s and pieces of selected/edited reality. Therefore, to answer my question regarding my own reality TV show, I would most likely have to cut and edit my everyday life, as well as include more drama, torture, embarrassment, and temptation in order to put my show on air.

No comments: